Thursday, October 31, 2013

Antique Buffet {now} my new TV console.

This has been a post I've been DREAMING about posting for almost a year now!!
I purchased an antique buffet for $50.00 almost a year ago and have been wanting to turn it into our family room's new t.v. console!
Well.. this has finally happened! .. With a 3 month old and a 2 year old, it was a little hard to find the time to finish it.
I can't wait to reveal these pictures. . The before and after will shock you! 
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!

*BEFORE*


*AFTER*
First thing I did was sand the top of the stand and with a cloth I applied a dark walnut stain.
After that dried, I did two coats of polyurethane.
I painted this with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the color OLD WHITE.
It is very pricey stuff, buttttt... I'm ALL about the no-prep. work required before painting..
Yep.. NO sanding, NO priming.. SOLD!

After two coats of paint, I lightly sanded to give it a distressed finish.
I then added a coat of ANNIE SLOAN WAX. in clear.
I just applied mine with a white old rag. .. I am much too cheap right now to purchase a wax brush. :(


I took out the bottom drawer so I could fit my tv stuff under there!
I love the unique-ness of the drawer, but this way it looks more like a tv stand. Plus, it was not in the best of shape any ole how.
I also bought new knobs from HobbyLobby. for $1.49 each on sale!

What are your thoughts? .. I am in LOVE with it.
Already looking for more antiques that I can repaint.. HAHA.

~Jordann~


2 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully, I love it being used as a tv console. ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much Lisa!!! It was fun to see it all come together!!

    ReplyDelete